CLO #6

“Locate research sources (including academic journal articles, magazine and newspaper articles) in the library’s databases or archives and on the Internet and evaluate them for credibility, accuracy, timeliness, and bias.”

Through this class, we took a zoom class trip to the library where the Liberian showed us how to look for reliable sources. I was very confused on how to use this database so I used archives on the Internet and found credible reliable sources that helped me prove what I was talking about according to the genre I was in. Down below is the video of our zoom class trip to the library where the librarian explained how the database was used.

https://ccny.zoom.us/rec/share/STvVDMR9OrwDuU4F3JnPaap65ZzEWLfz6uP8Zjyz9h7OQYjO6hueegeG_avo_f-e.LH6WpSo97ladDPFJ

Passcode: 6NM@.2DC

I believe I completely understood this course learning outcome because all the evidence I used were reliable and helped me prove my point. Down below I have attached my Literature Search and Extraction Grid to show that I have fully understood this Course Learning Outcome.

Literature Search and Extraction

The Annotated Bibliography was when I realized I was gonna be very confused using the CCNy Libray database because it was very complicated for me which caused me to use google to find most of my sources. Those sources I used I had to make sure we’re reliable which I did by comparing it to other works and seeing the sources those pieces of works used. The explanation I gave for each situation helped me put things into perspective for my expository and argumentative essay because it was gonna help me use those sources as evidence. Down below is my Annotated Bibliography and through it, you could see that i meet this CLO.

Annotated Bibliography